List:       systalk
Subject:    [Systalk]DNS, rediredct or blocking problem.
From:       Andrew Butitta <lrd_dragoth () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-08 17:19:23

Hello, all!

I have a question. Does anyone here know about Lik Sang? They are a Hong
Kong-based videogames retailer. They usually carry interesting, hard-to-find
tools and things for videogames. However, over the course of this summer, their
website changed. They appeared to have gone legit. Suddenly I am re-directed to
liksang.vstoregames.com. It sucks. They have a very generic selection, and poor
prices. This is not Lik-Sang. This is comfirmed to me a few months later when I
recieve my good old Lik-Sang newsletter in my email. It contains links pointing
to www.lik-sang.com/catalog/news.php3? etc. I click it, and I get the
vstoregames page, which ends in .spl

Is this a man-in-the-middle attack? A dns fake? A proxy redirect? Or is my ISP
in bed with US Customs (blocking access to a website that sells things that can
be construed as illegal)?

A dig shows up lik-sang.net as the nameservers. they are on a completely
different level (208.56.*.*) than the 'site' (64.176.*.*).

I know a lot of you guys are from outside the US. Do you get this problem to?
If not, what is the IP address of the *real* lik-sang.com??

Thanks in advance,
-Andy

=====
Mild-mannered sysadmin by day,