List:       syslog-sec
Subject:    Syslog MIB Issues and Actions
From:       Glenn Mansfield Keeni <glenn () cysols ! com>
Date:       2004-01-16 9:45:46

Hi,
   In the following I will be listing up the SyslogMIB issues
that have come up since the last meeting in March at IETF-56.

    #1. Security Considerations need to be addressed.
    #2. Try to make it more generic (not a BSD syslogMIB)
    #3. Ensure non-duplication with HR-MIB
    #4. Snmp Notifications ? Do we need any ?
    #5. Add a "No-DNS lookup"
    #6. Configuration Stuff - should it be there?
    Among other potential issues
    Editorial issues                : None pending
    MIB Doctor Issues               : None pending
    Any Objects to be added         : None so far
    Any Objects to be deleted       : None so far
    Any doubtful DESCRIPZTIONS      : None so far
    Any useful REFERENCE clauses to be added? : None so far

I will be sending separate mails on each of these issues to
kick-off the discussion on the issues. It would be nice if we
could get closure on the outstanding issues before or during
IETF-59

Thanks and Cheers

      Glenn