List:       syslog-ng
Subject:    Re: [syslog-ng] WANTED: feature owner of syslog-ng command line tool :)
From:       Noémi Ványi <sitbackandwait () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-05-24 21:09:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello!

First, thanks for all of the proposals and suggestions. In my proposal I
had written the same as Balint did about the command line configuration of
syslog-ng (This can be found under the section "Configuration" of my
proposal: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5rOtg14cnD0ek9TSklPSnZ4YWM/view).
I would prefer that existing configuration is testable by adding the
configuration elements to the stdin/stdout path. Complex configurations
would take forever to type as command line parameters. So I agree with
Balint. But I am not sure how big the feature would be if this way is
chosen. I will discuss it with my mentor.

Scot, what do you mean by "I would like to see options that syslog-ng-ctl
has plus the ability to see filter, log, and destination data in
real-time."? Do you want to see which messages and how got processed?

kvch