List:       syslog-ng
Subject:    [syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.0.1 dies on reload with program()
From:       Jan Rekorajski <baggins () sith ! mimuw ! edu ! pl>
Date:       2009-03-30 20:54:16

Sorry for possible double post, I sent the first from wrong email.

Hi,
Syslog-ng 3.0.1 dies on reload (kill -HUP pid) when config file contains
log { destination { program() } }  directive set. 100% repeatable.

Here are the relevant config lines:

destination d_sshguard  { program("/usr/sbin/sshguard -a 6"); };
# A desperate experiment
#destination d_sshguard  { program("read"); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_authpriv);        destination(d_sshguard); };

From what I managed to find with strace/ltrace, syslog-ng kills the
program, does not clear some data structures and then falls face down
with sigsegv/term/ill trying to restart/reattach(?) to the program.

The exact same configuration works perfectly with version 2.0.10.

--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?