List:       syslog-ng
Subject:    Re: [syslog-ng]destination sockets
From:       Balazs Scheidler <bazsi () balabit ! hu>
Date:       2004-03-20 16:05:31

2004-03-20, szo keltezéssel 06:35-kor Porkchop ezt írta:
> I saw an earlier thread about syslog-ng not
> creating/bind()ing/socket()ing sockets when it was generating
> messages... it never seemed quite resolved. I am attempting to create
> an outbound socket for syslog-ng to write to and that multiple
> clients (servers?) can read from.

you seem to misunderstand how sockets work in general. when syslog-ng
uses a socket destination it acts as a "client" so if you want to have
multiple programs receiving messages from syslog-ng, you should set up
multiple destinations connecting to different server sockets, each
opened by the appropriate server process.

--
Bazsi