List:       synapse-dev
Subject:    Re: JMX notifications for Endpoint state changes
From:       Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-07 23:58:09

My primary concern about introducing this aspect configuration to component
level is it complicates the language. From a configuration perspective my
main argument is we should clearly separate functionalities. This preserves
the conceptual integrity of components. For example mediators should only
think about how to mediate messages. Having them to configure about
statistics or tracing may take the focus away from what they really do.
Weather to trace a sequence or collect statistics for a sequence is a
decision taken by the whole system.

For me aspect is a separate quality about a component. So I think it is
better to keep it separate.

I know I'm the only person against making the aspect configuration to the
component level :). But I still think we shouldn't put it to the component
level.

Thanks,
Supun..

--