List:       synapse-dev
Subject:    Re: Job language syntax in the Synapse configuration
From:       "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.linton () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-25 2:45:49

Hi all,

Here is my proposal 'B' (Plan B in case of a failure in Plan A :D)

I think tag name startup implies it should have only one. That is why Paul
does not want many startup tags to be present in the configuration. So I
propose the following configuration for startups

<syn:task id="firststartup">
  <syn:onAlarm class="MessageInjector">
    <syn:simpletrigger count="10" interval="5000"/>
    <syn:property name="message">
       <test xmlns="urn:paul"/>
    </syn:property>
    <syn:property name="to" value="urn:test"/>
  </syn:onAlarm>
</syn:task>

or else

<syn:worker id="firststartup">
  <syn:onAlarm class="MessageInjector">
    <syn:simpletrigger count="10" interval="5000"/>
    <syn:property name="message">
       <test xmlns="urn:paul"/>
    </syn:property>
    <syn:property name="to" value="urn:test"/>
  </syn:onAlarm>
</syn:worker>

We can have multiple (tasks / workers) in the synapse configuration (which /
who) are scheduled to (execute / work). I think the notion of the startups
is a set of tasks scheduled to execute in the given times right?

So that we have sequences, endpoints, proxies, entries and *tasks* or
*workers* in the configuration.

This is my last try on this :D , if you all does not agreed to this or a
variation of this I will keep this thread for the day you want to re-factor
this. (I am sure that day will come soon)

Thanks,
Ruwan