List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28382] Re: Sylpheed loves the secondary display - GTK
From:       Cristian =?UTF-8?Q?Secar=C4=83?= <orice () secarica ! ro>
Date:       2006-08-29 8:21:23

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:42:07 +0200, Manfred Usselmann wrote:

> I don't have this problem with Windows XP using two monitors as
> extended desktop.

I checked now and yes, there is a difference:
- if the second monitor is on the right side (perhaps your case), then
there is no problem
- if the second monitor is on the left side (my actual case), then the
problem always appears

> Which Windows version are you using? Do you have
> this problem with other programs as well?

WinXP. Sylpheed is the only application that does this.

> Try moving Sylpheed.to the main screen when both monitors are
> attached and close it there. When you reopen it, it should then
> appear on your main monitor.

No, it doesn't.
I enable the monitor (on the left); I open Sylpheed and move it on the
main monitor; close Sylpheed; disable the second monitor; now Sylpheed
opens in nowhere; I close Sylpheed then reopen it and now it opens in
the visible area.

My monitors are not equal: the main is 1280x800 (laptop), the additional
is 1280x1024. Videocard is ATI X600.
The moments where I most encounter this is when I am going away from my
desk after working with two monitors, open my laptop and open Sylpheed.
It is for sure I have to close it and reopen it.
Sometimes, after making Sylpheed visible, when composing or replying
the child window will open in the nowhere area (which I have to close
and reopen, etc.).

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară