List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28138] Re: Replace "AW" in the subject
From:       Holger Mueller <holgerm1969 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-07-02 8:19:03

Hi,

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:47:08 +0200
Fridtjof Busse <fbusse@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi
> I'd like to propose a new feature: Make it configurable what sylpheed
> removes from the "Subject" when replying or at least hardcode "AW: " in.
> Currently, Sylpheed removes the "Re: " automagically. Unfortunatly,
> german Outlook clients use "AW:" by default which often causes something
> like "Re: AW: Re: AW:" in the subject if you don't fix it manually.
> This is pretty annoying. I don't know if there are other clients that
> do braindead stuff like this. If not, hardcoding the replacement for
> "AW:" might be enough (instead of a configurable option).

This is just one of the RFC vioalations of Outlook, additionaly to not setting
in-reply-to header correctly...

But I thing it has the same silly behavior in other locales. So hardcoding
wouldn't be a good idea. Only a configurable option for Re: or Fwd: make
sense.

First time I got an email from a "Wohngemeinschaft" (WG: flat-share)
i was wondering what it should mean.

ciao
	Holger