List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28132] offline working with sylpheed and imap
From:       Attila Kinali <attila () kinali ! ch>
Date:       2006-06-29 8:55:57

Moin,

It looks like that i will not have an permanent internet
connection for a longer stretch of time, which makes reading
mails quite difficult. I had a similar situation before
and used offlineimap[1] and mutt back than.
I had to use mutt because sylpheed could not directly
access the mails from offlineimap which are stored
in a maildir tree.

I thought about again using offlineimap but this time with
a local running imap server (so that i dont have to use mutt).
IMHO this is still not the perfect solution as sylpheed will cache
a part of the mails i read which is kind of a problem as i
have a damn lot of them (>2GB) and not too much diskspace
to spare on my laptop.

Has someone else a better suggestion on how to work offline
with sylpheed+imap?

[1] http://quux.org/devel/offlineimap/

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ