List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28104] Re: Sylpheed crashes
From:       Preben Randhol <randhol () pvv ! org>
Date:       2006-06-26 15:59:03

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:39:00 +0200
Stefaan A Eeckels <Stefaan.Eeckels@ecc.lu> wrote:

> And some users do appreciate the difficulty the developer has, and
> spend time reproducing the problem (note that as a result, Hiroyuki
> could fix the issue being discussed), whereas others wail that the
> application crashes, that the developers are jerks for coding in 'C'
> and then expect those same, unpaid developers to drop whatever they're
> doing and help them out. That sure looks like a winning strategy to
> me.

Just to set the record straight. I never did complain about the
crashing of sylpheed at all. I simply asked how to best help debug the
problem to help the developer.

I admit that I don't find C or C++ as good application languages, but
that doesn't mean I think people using them are stupid or jerks as you
say.

Sylpheed is one of my favourite applications for GNU/Linux

Preben
--
"... in Ada, you can never have a buffer overflow error. Unless of
course you go very far out of your way to specifically program one