List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27805] per-user multilingual interface for Sylpheed - how ?
From:       Cristian =?UTF-8?Q?Secar=C4=83?= <orice () secarica ! ro>
Date:       2006-04-05 20:14:11

I am using Sylpheed on a WinXP system that uses the Multilingual User
Interface (MUI) pack for WinXP, so a given user can choose its own
system interface language preference.
(in practice: English and/or Romanian; reason: in my country (Romania),
most users are using the English interface, while others the Romanian
interface).
A particular MUI language can be set on a per-user basis and affects the
interface language of the Windows Explorer (folder menus, system
settings, etc.), as well as the basic default programs (Notepad,
Wordpad, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Paint, etc.)

While one can choose the English language interface via MUI
language selection, the system locale settings still remains set to
Romanian, so the hour is 24h format, paper is A4, decimal separator is
comma, etc..
Sylphed language interface depends on the system locale settings. I
found no way to choose (for example) the English language for an
English system with Romanian locale set, except for deleting the RO
language directory.

I am asking for a solution to can either (a) select a language on
purpose from Sylpheed configuration menu, or at least (b) have the
language directory in the user path, so I can keep or delete the
language directory as per-user preference.

Cristi