List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27404] Re: Move back from Claws to Sylpheed
From:       Pierre =?UTF-8?B?RXRjaGVtYcOvdMOp?= <petchema () concept-micro ! com>
Date:       2006-02-20 17:39:44

Le Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:13:45 +0100, Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois@free.fr> a écrit :

> Hi.
>
> [...] But now I want to migrate my system from LFS to Debian, and
> Claws is only in version 1.04 on stable.

Claws 1.9.xx package seems to be called sylpheed-claws-gtk2, but
official package is only available in testing.

If switching to testing is considered cheating, using
http://www.apt-get.org/ you can find an unofficial package available for
Sarge:

http://www1.apt-get.org/search.php?query=sylpheed-claws&submit=&arch%5B%5D=i386&arch%5B%5D=all

Add
"deb http://b.berteau.free.fr/ sarge main"
to your /etc/apt/sources.list,
# apt-get update
# apt-get install sylpheed-claws-gtk2 sylpheed-claws-gtk2-i18n
(& more if you want some other options)

Alternatively, if you want to try backporting the package from testing
yourself,

Add
"deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib"
to your /etc/apt/sources.list,
# apt-get update
Then,
# apt-get build-dep sylpheed-claws-gtk2
$ apt-get source sylpheed-claws-gtk2
$ cd sylpheed-claws-gtk2-1.9.100
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc
$ cd ..
# dpkg -i *.deb (or more likely just a required subset)

Beware, at the "build-dep" step, other packages also not available from
stable may be required, so you'll have to (recursively) backport more
packages, libclamav-dev, libetpan-dev,...

I stopped at that point (personally I'm fine with sylpheed-gtk2), but
theorically that's the way to go...

Good luck!
Pierre.