List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27402] Re: imap questions
From:       Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnslinux () terra ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-02-20 15:48:25

Quoting  Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp>
Sent on  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:04:52 +0900

> > * how do I know for *sure* that Sylpheed is using ssl/tls?  from the
> > log and netstat, I believe so, but I'd like to be sure:
>
> Capturing packets using ethereal etc. might be a help.

checked with tcpdump (full packets), the only readable part is the very
beginning from the Sylpheed --> server communication.  after that, all seems
to be ciphered (nothing readable).

> > * what does "account properties > Receive: [ ] Only check INBOX on
> > receiving" mean?  if I click over folders and then click on IMAP's
> > inbox, it gets refreshed (the log says so).
>
> When 'Get' or 'Get all' is clicked, only INBOX is updated. Normally all
> IMAP folders are updated.

what about these phrasings:

	"[ ] Do not check folders other than INBOX on receiving"

	"[ ] Only check INBOX folder on receiving"

now that you explained I got it, but maybe some other user also doesn't
understand it in a first moment (like I did).

by the way: folders under INBOX also get refreshed or there's no subtree
updating?

thanks! :)

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez
GNU/Linux #140696 [http://counter.li.org]

  A well adjusted person is one who makes the
  same mistake twice without getting nervous.