List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27079] Re: something about mark message for deletion
From:       Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y () kcn ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2006-01-30 6:15:33

Hello,

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:51:18 +0200
Cristian Secară <orice@secarica.ro> wrote:

> > 1. If I delete a message from keyboard or with the "Delete" button,
> > that message becomes gray and an X appears as marker. From this
> > point I have no clue on how to delete it for real. (How ?)
>
> Hm. The operation can be finished by pressing the x key, or from Tools
> -> Execute. It also seems that the X wants to suggest _character_ X
> and is not a generic marker designed as an X.

No, the 'X' icon means the messages have been marked as they are to be
deleted. The main toolbar also has 'Execute' button.

> Strange. I have seen the "Execute" item before, only that it pointed
> me to nothing in my mind (Execute ? Execute what ?)

'Execute' means it executes postponed operations (such as move, copy,
delete). This was the common interface for Emacs-based mailers.

> However:
>
> > What is the meaning of gray color ?
>
> So, what is the meaning of gray color, vs. blue color ? Both colors
> are responding to the Execute command (or x key), except that the gray
> shows that X (while the blue not), and the blue triggers the
> confirmation dialog in /some/ circumstances (while the gray not).

Gray color just means it was marked as delete (move to trash), and it
is persistent. I know they're not consistent.

> Still, my remark for 3. remains ...

3. is just a lack of implementation :)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp>