List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26758] Re: imap filtering?
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2006-01-09 20:19:11

The approach I've been taking is to produce files for maildrop (which is a somewhat \
saner tool in the mold of procmail).  I think a translation step is more manageable \
for several reasons, not the least of which is that one can construct different back \
ends and compile your desired filtering language into whatever tools might be \
available for a particular MTA.

I'm taking the same approach with filters in sylpheed itself.  I'm taking the output \
generated by the sylpheed filtering dialogs and producing maildrop files for use on \
the server side.

Maildrop works nicely with several common MTAs including qmail, postfix, and \
courier's MTA.  (And no doubt others that I haven't tried yet.)

I've not tried, thus far, to support filtering directly at the IMAP level.

Seth Kurtzberg