List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26649] Re: XP Mailbox Highlight Problemw/ Attachment (MS
From:       Stefaan A Eeckels <Stefaan.Eeckels () ecc ! lu>
Date:       2005-12-26 18:57:04

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:55:57 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold@highstream.net> wrote:

>   Attached is the JPEG image MS Customer Support sent me of the Win XP
> Style/Default blue in OE so that you can see the mail folder highlight
> problem.  It's only faintly visible in Sylpheed in this
> configuration (and in Olive Green).

The folder highlight in your Outlook screenshot is even less visible
than in the sylpheed, because ONLY the word "Inbox" is highlighted. In
the screenshot the message summary pane of Outlook is active, and hence
the selected message is in blue, and the selected folder in the
inactive pane is highlighted in beige. This is EXACTLY how Sylpheed
behaves, and it fully conforms to Windows practice. But even though
Outlook does a worse job than Sylpheed, the selected folder in the
"Folders" pane (the one with the red circle) is clearly discernible to
people with normal eyesight (even to a nearsighted 50 year old who
needs bifocals :-).

Take care,

--
Stefaan