List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26438] Re: serious problem with reply messages
From:       Andrei Mircea <mircea.andrei () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-11-27 20:35:38

This serious problem persists. In spite of many attempts I cannot see the difference which makes that \
some messages can be sent from linux-sylpheed while others cannot (all messages are sent normally with \
Windows-Sylpheed). I attach here an example of message which does not want to go out in linux, in the \
hope that someone more clever than me finds where is the problem. I have to send it from Windows of \
course :-(  Andrei

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:50:28 +0100
Andrei Mircea <mircea.andrei@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I use sylpheed-2.1.6 in linux and in windows. In linux I have a serious
> problem with replies - surprised that nobody else reported it yet ? The
> problem is : some reply messages leave all right, but many others
> don't. The server is contacted ok, the message is fully sent to the
> server but apparently the end sequence is not correctly sent, so that
> the connection times out. I can't tell exactly the rule, but from my
> observation and experimentation the problem always appears when
> replying to some messages received from windows users (using, e.g.,
> Outlook Express).
> At present my workaround is to put the messages on hold ("send
> later"), reboot in windows and send them from there. But of course this
> cannot be a permanent solution :-(

["1" (application/octet-stream)]