List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26429] How to save incoming mail attachments automatically
From:       Casco Bucci <Casco.Bucci () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-11-24 14:41:37

I subscribe to a fax service that E-Mails incoming
faxes as "tiff" files.

Under the Courier MTA a filter saves any ".tif"
attachment contained in incoming mail from the fax
service to a fax archive folder.

As far as I can tell, the Sylpheed filtering facility
has no option to save attachments.

The best I've been able to do with Sylpheed is to set
up a filter that copies the whole incoming message
from the fax service to a new folder.  I then manually
extract the ".tif" attachment with the below python
utility and move it to the fax archive folder:

<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/252173>

This works and I guess I could probably set up a
second filter to run a script that does the extraction
and moves the attachment to the fax archive.  However,
I am not sure whether the filter command option works
under Windows, and I would prefer to do it natively
and automatically with Sylpheed.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

--