List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26401] Re: Manual "From" address
From:       "Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap () xenotime ! net>
Date:       2005-11-21 18:30:27

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Peter Bieringer wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:13:26 +0100
> Mark Rosenstand <mark@borkware.net> wrote:
>
> > Hey list,
> >
> > Is it possible to manually choose a "From:" address on a per-message
> > basis? I have a number of e-mail addresses, most of which I rarely use
> > for sending mail (but occasionally have to), so creating a sender
> > profile for each isn't very disireable.
> >
> > So far my only luck has been with mutt, but surely others must have this
> > need to? No? :-)
>
> Mulberry had such nice feature, called "identities".
>
> The logic is like
>
>  identity: mail-from, smtp-server, signature...
>
>  mailboxes (pop/imap): server, account
>    mailboxes can be bind to identities
>
>  message uses default identity per mailbox bind, but can be changed.
>
> But I don't know whether the logic of sylpheed can support this easily.

You can select the account to use by either of:

a/ before clicking on Compose, click on the account name on the
   lower right corner of the sylpheed window, then change to the
   desired account.  This remains the current account until you
   change it back (or exit sylpheed).

b/ after clicking on Compose, in the Compose message dialog,
   the From: line is a drop-down menu with all of the known
   accounts.  Just change it to the desired account.
   This is only for the current message.

--
~Randy