List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26122] Re: Sylpheed 2.1.5 released - Still DnD...
From:       John Coppens <john () jcoppens ! com>
Date:       2005-10-31 18:47:26

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:47:40 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> > About 30% of the time, the DnD action is not detected (i.e., the
> > cursor does not change).
>
> Hmm... Can you upgrade GTK+ 2.6.7 to 2.6.10 or 2.8.6(the latest
> version)? Because it can be the bug of older GTK+.

I installed 2.6 10 and have the same problem.

I see now that the issue seems to be quite systematic:

If I start in the lower half of the name, and drag down, dragging does not
start. If I start at the top of the name, it works, and also if I drag
horizontally.

This happens only if the message is the last one in the message list, and
touches the lower border of the Summary View. Probably because the mouse
leaves the Summary View window. I suspect this to be a problem of GTK+...

John