List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:26039] Re: Move messages vs. drag-and-drop
From:       "Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap () xenotime ! net>
Date:       2005-10-20 1:55:03

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:15:39 +0200 RUMI Szabolcs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:53:38 +0200
> John Shane <jslists@mtwafrica.org> wrote:
>
> > I haven't verified this yet, but it appears that the drag n' drop
> > problem crops up on my Suse 9.3 Thinkpad after several suspend and
> > resumes.  I'm on Sylpheed 2.1.3 now but I also had the problem with
> > earlier versions.  If I exit Sylpheed and then restart it the problem
> > goes away and drag n' drop works again.  John
>
> I can fully confirm this problem. Today I switched from GNOME 2.10 to 2.12
> that means from GTK+ 2.6.4 to GTK+2.8.6 and suddenly I cannot drag'n'drop
> in Sylpheed. Maybe there was an API change? Or is this simply a bug in
> GTK+ 2.8, in the 6th revision of the branch? It's very annoying indeed.

Don't know yet.  It needs some debugging.
Quoting from #25964:

drag n drop works in sylpheed 2.x with a gtk+-2 version less than
2.8.0.  There has been a request from the author of sylpheed that
people experiencing the issue (that is, people with gtk+-2 >= 2.8.0)
attempt to track the bug/change down and send a patch to the list
because he does not have the latest version to gtk+-2 so he is not
experiencing the glitch in the system.

I too, along with many others I'm sure, suffer from this drag n drop
not working.  I hope someone with some debugging skills can track this
puppy down soon! :)
---