List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:25805] sylpheed can't find the correct gpg key
From:       "Martin J. Brown, Jr." <mjbjr () beaudesign ! com>
Date:       2005-09-27 7:18:10

The problem occurs with 2.0.1 and the previous (at least) linux version.

It can find the gpg key for the default mail account, possibly because
that account uses the default gpg key, but can't find the gpg key for
an additional mail account, returning the error window, saying it

   "Could not find any key associated with currently selected
    key id 'xxx@yyyy.zzz'."

This error occurs when assigning the key by email address, user, or
by key id number.  When I try by 'user' and use my name, it responds
with the same error, and does not show a list of all keys for that
name, there are 4 possibles (differing by id# and comment), allowing me
to choose one.

When I changed sylpheed's default account to the second account, and
assigned the key by 'user' name, it chose the wrong one, though it did
choose a different one than previously had been the case for the default.

The linux user is the same for both accounts and keys.
'gpg --list-keys' shows both keys, among others.

I've double checked things, using copy/paste from 'gpg --list-keys', so
there wouldn't be an entry error.

I 'googled' for this problem, but most of the search results seem to be
dealing with getting it to work at all.  Not the same problem I'm having.

Ideas?

Thanks

--
                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -