List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:25494] Re: sylpheed 2.0.0 ubuntu breezy
From:       Michael Schwendt <mschwendt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-31 8:53:36

On 30/07/05, Andre Costa wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:25:40 +0200 Wit Wilinski  wrote:
>
> > I forgot - breezy has gcc4 compiler - maybe compilation problems came
> > from it, not from the glibc or Xorg
>
> FYI: FC4 (which I am using) also has gcc4, and 2.0.0 compilation went by
> just fine out of the box.

Actually there is an update to GCC 4.0.1 for FC4. But note that Red
Hat's gcc packages contain a good number of patches, either from CVS
or for other pre-CVS fixes/changes, so that can make quite a
difference compared with pristine GCC. See "rpm --query --changelog
gcc" for a summary.

I'm tracking Sylpheed 2 in Fedora Extras Development (and privately
for FC4) and cannot confirm any miscompilation. Latest in the
repository is 2.0.0beta6. Latest built locally is 2.0.0rc.

Michael