List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:25467] Re: More Sylpheed (version 2.0.0rc) experiences on
From:       Emily Jackson <m5computing () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2005-07-27 11:54:46

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:41:54 -0700
"Benjamin Ylvisaker" <benjaminy@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> 1) In order to get the configuration script to recognize that compface
> is installed I had to add LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib to the command line.

That's because you used Fink to install compface. I have these lines in
my .cshrc so that configuration scripts can "see" my Fink-installed
stuff (adjust appropriately for bash):

setenv CFLAGS -I/sw/include
setenv LDFLAGS -L/sw/lib
setenv CXXFLAGS $CFLAGS
setenv CPPFLAGS $CXXFLAGS
setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS "-I/sw/share/aclocal"
setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH "/sw/lib/pkgconfig"

In addition, whenever I build Sylpheed, I also run "setenv CFLAGS '-O3
-fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -pipe'" (from Fink's really, really
old sylpheed.info file). I don't know if this is needed or not any
more, but it doesn't hurt. ;-)

> 2) GPGME doesn't work.
>
> I installed the gpgme11 package with fink, which claims to be GPGME
> 1.0.3, and the configuration script recognizes that it is installed.
> However, when I make and try to run the executable, it just crashes
> with a bus error.

<sigh>Tell me about it</sigh>. GPGME worked in 10.3, but has never
worked in 10.4. I've reported it on this list before, and I also wrote
the maintainer of Fink's gpgme11 package, but I've never gotten any
answers. I just disable GPGME when I build Sylpheed.

Emily

--
"If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay."
Emily Jackson