List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:25421] Re: Deeply Threaded Subjects make Summaryview
From:       Godwin Stewart <gstewart () bonivet ! net>
Date:       2005-07-16 11:46:36

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:36:40 -0700, Paul Dickson <paul@permanentmail.com>
wrote:

> How does one determine the threading order (is the current message a
> reply to the previous message or to one of its parents) if the Subject
> column is blank due to indentation?

The trouble with the problem you're reporting is that the "Subject" column
isn't going to widen on its own if its content is wider than the allotted
space in the column.

With the older display method we would have at least seen the vertical
dotted lines linking sibling messages together.

What with this and the re-sorting issues upon deleting messages raised by
myself and Richard, I sometimes wonder if the changeover to a GtkTreeView
for the message summary was that good an idea... It may be more pleasing to
the eye under "normal" circumstances and it may be more GTK2-friendly. Its
practicality is, however, debatable.

--=20
G. Stewart - gstewart@bonivet.net

Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to the power of human idiocy.