List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:25264] Re: marking messages that have been replied to
From:       R Kimber <rkimber () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 11:48:31

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:32:37 +0200
wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:

> I really think that forcing a message to be read when a inline link is
> clicked cannot be the default behaviour. It's quite non sense in most
> of the situations. If one argue that clicking a link implies that
> you've read the message, I wouldn't agree w/ that and say that I'm
> happy to be able to read messages passively w/o marking them as read
> (otherwise, why not auto-sending receipt notifications when an email
> is received!).

I don't understand this, I'm afraid.  On my version of Sylpheed any
message is marked as read if I select it. Clicking on the link doesn't
make any difference. It's marking replies that would be helpful.

> I agree that in your situation, a secondary feature provided for
> convenience would be welcome, like for instance the mechanism
> described by Godwin. But this remains a very specific situation,
> IMHO. Didn't you find a costless way to mark as read when you (hotkey
> or so)?

Don't understand the last bit, but yes, I'd be happy with Godwin's
suggestion.

- Richard
 --
Richard Kimber