List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:25188] quotation mark / quote feature
From:       Doruk Fisek <dfisek () fisek ! com ! tr>
Date:       2005-06-21 9:41:06

Hi,

 In the common preferences menu, quote tab, we can adjust the
"quotation mark", which is a nice feature. I mostly use it for
putting initials in front of ">".

 Though there is a downside to it on second, third,... reply of a
thread.

  When using ">", the logic works nice -- since you would have ">", ">>"
and ">>>" respectively.

  If you use anything but ">", the first reply is flawless. You have
"DF>". On the second reply you will have "HY> DF>", then "DF> HY> DF>"
and thus it goes on. Though it should have been "DF>, "DF>>" and
"DF>>>".

  One solution to this may be only adding full quotation mark if line
has no quotation mark, and adding just ">" if it's the second/third
time. Others... I don't know.

  I can explain more of the problem (with more examples), if needed.

                   Doruk

--
FISEK INSTITUTE - http://www.fisek.org