List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24953] Re: Linewrap issue in 1.9.7 and still in 1.9.11
From:       Bob White <bob () bob-white ! com>
Date:       2005-05-20 23:18:23

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:26:03 -0400
Bill Chmura <Bill@Explosivo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a strange issue with linewrapping not working all the way...
> I wrote and email and sent it and it word wrapped the first part
> automatically but did not do the second part.  So I upgraded to 1.9.11
> and opened it again and tried to wrap it... still nothing.
>
> I've included the contents here, if you paste into a new email, you may
> be able to replicate the issue... Its strange.  If I remove the #1) it
> will reformat fine... Otherwise it does everything up to that and after
> it.  For some reason it does not do the numberd parts...
>

> -----------------------------------
> I finally have a chance to write back - its been a heckofaday.  First
> off, thanks for taking the time to write a cohesive response.  I
> appreciate it.
>
> Here are two more questions, that are nagging me...
>
> #1) Do you think the code is up to prime time application development?  I can accept bugs, but I'd like \
> to get your feel on if its good for real development at this point.  Again, I know everything is \
> perfect so I am asking more of a "If a client asked you to develop a web app today, would you feel \
> comfortable using it?".
> #2) In keeping a close match to Struts (and I understand your rational), so much so that the config \
> files are exactly the same - do you think you may have encumbered Studs with the extra baggage, or \
> bypassed any strengths php may have brought.  I don't have any good examples, but my first thought when \
> I saw the WEB-INF was that.  I am not saying I think you did, I am genuinly curious as to your feelings \
>                 on it.
> ----------------------------------
>
> Its not a critical thing obviously, but I get yelled at everytime I
> send the openbsd list an email thats not wrapped.  Worse yet, I get
> accused of using MS Outlook !
>
> Thanks

Hi Bill,

It's the '#' that's doing it.  The '#' is used as a quote just like the
'>' symbol.   It came up a while back.  I think it's supposed to be a
feature.

(See message dated Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:48:16 +0900 from Hiroyuki
Yamamoto on the same subject.)

You could cheat a little and do:
'# 1) This line will wrap because I put a single quote in front of the
'#" sign but the meaning is still clear.

Bob White

--
http://www.bob-white.com
N93BD - Rotary Powered BD-4 (real soon)