List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24778] Re: feature request : reply to selected messages
From:       Ricardo Mones <ricardo.mones () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-27 13:43:07

On 4/27/05, Martin Hamant <mh@accelance.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:44:58 +0000
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo.mones@gmail.com> disait:
>
> > On 4/26/05, Martin Hamant <mh@accelance.fr> wrote:
> > > Hello !
> > >
> > > quite often, i need to reply to many messages at the same time. (
> > > for example in order to reply to bots, etc ). I think it would be a
> > > great feature:
> > >
> > > Selecting many messages and call "Mass-reply" would popup a compose
> > > window with each selected messages's body in it. For the subject
> > > field , it could be filled with the "static" part of selected
> > > messages. Or filled with the first selected message's subject, or
> > > simply not filled :)
> > >
> > > What do you think about this ?
> >
> >   This is a task for a script, a script to be called through an
> >   action.
>
> Hello Ricardo !
>
> What do you mean, and how to do it in sylpheed ?

  I mean you should create a script for dealing with those mails and
do what you want to do with them. Selected mails' file names would be
passed as arguments to the script if you invoke the script it in an
action with the %F parameter for example. See "Configuration" menu,
"Actions..." option, there is a lot of fun inside ;)
--
Ricardo Mones.
[NOTE: gmail adds a REPLY-TO header]