List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24741] upgrade was easy
From:       "James K. Lowden" <jklowden () schemamania ! org>
Date:       2005-04-23 23:46:48

Hello,

I recently upgraded from sylpheed-0.7.5 to sylpheed-1.0.4.  How nice to be
using all the features I've read about over the years!  (I realize I'm
still behind.)

The upgrade involved moving my ~/Mail and ~/.sylpheed directories to a new
machine, building and installing Sylpheed, and running it.

I want to thank and congratulate Hiroyuki & Co. for a particularly
pleasant surprise.  Although the various configuration files have grown,
the new version easily swallowed the old files and started up correctly.
I did not have to reenter my addresses or email accounts.  Everything Just
Worked.

Upgrading from version N to N+1 can be a hit-or-miss proposition with any
software, free or non.  Moving from N to N+25 without a hitch must be some
kind of record.

Regards,

--jkl