List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24677] Yet another feature discussion
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2005-04-14 3:24:27

Hello, all

There is a feature I've seen in the OSX mail client that I really like.
  (Of course, the rest of the OSX mail client I really _don't_ like, or
I wouldn't be making this suggestion.  :)  )

If you drag an email message to an unexpanded folder, the folder will
open showing the subfolders; just about all the clients do that.
However, after you drop the mail into one of the subfolders, the folder
that was opened is closed.  That is, the state of the folder tree (this
is with an IMAP server) is returned to the state it was in at the time
you clicked on and began to drag and drop a message.

It's a simple thing, but it saves (me, anyway) an awful lot of clicking.
  I don't think it would be terribly difficult to implement.  I'm
interested in whether others think this is a good feature that is
possibly worth implementing.