List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24449] Re: Sylpheed 1.0.0 suddenly stopped working
From:       Ivan Rayner <ivanr () sgi ! com>
Date:       2005-03-29 1:17:34

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:28:10 +0100, Alfons Hoogervorst wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:06:48 +0100, Jorge Van Hemelryck <ml@jvh.net> wrote:
>
> > Here's what I found in the default .procmailrc on my linux distribution:
> >
> > # Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in
> > # "From" to be dropped.  This will re-add it.
> > :0
> > * ^^rom[ ]
> >
> > Hope it helps.

Thanks.  Mine was slightly different. I'll try yours for a while.

> Should "rom " be detected as a mail boundary in sylpheed; would that
> be advisable? Anyone?

I don't think so.  It's a procmail bug that should be fixed in procmail,
although I have no idea why it hasn't yet (or maybe it has, I haven't
checked lately :)  Also, it happens so rarely...

However, I do think it would be a good idea for sylpheed to recognise the
problem and issue some sort of specific warning if it encounters it.  It
would be really nice if sylpheed popped up a dialog explaining the
problem, and offering to insert the missing 'F'.  That way users are aware
of the problem but can still continue without having to do horrible things
such as editing /var/mail/username.

Anyway, back to reality... :)

Ivan