List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24090] Re: GPG-signing issue with Sylpheed 1.9.2
From:       Markus Amersdorfer <der.plusch.lists () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-19 12:27:51

Hi,

> Try with gpgme 1.0

Using gpgme 1.0.2 didn't help either, but I think I tracked down the
problem being Sylpheed trying to "grab input while entering a
passphrase".
Here's what "sylpheed --debug" said with grabbing-input being
enabled:

generated Message-ID: 20050219122018.287f56d2.max@destination.com

(sylpheed:26879): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist:
construct property "type" for object `GtkWindow' can't be set after
construction

(sylpheed:26879): Sylpheed-WARNING **: OOPS: Could not grab mouse

% requesting passphrase for `D941...... Markus Amersdorfer
<max@destination.com>': % cancel passphrase entrysigning failed:
Operation cancelled

I thus deactivated the grabbing of input in the common preferences:

generated Message-ID: 20050219122121.06f7fff7.max@destination.com
% requesting passphrase for `D941...... Markus Amersdorfer
<max@destination.com>': % sending passphrasesigning succeeded
Creating progress dialog...
Sylpheed-Message: Connecting to SMTP server: smtp.myprovider.com ...

send_message_smtp(): begin event loop

Cheers,
Markus

--
Information is always to be treasured, Raul. It is behind only love
and honesty in a person's attempt to understand the universe.