List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23847] Re: Threadedness doesn't use "References:"
From:       Micha Nelissen <micha () neli ! hopto ! org>
Date:       2005-01-18 13:26:10

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:55:01 +0100
Attila Kinali <kinali@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:50:51 +0100
> Micha Nelissen <micha@neli.hopto.org> wrote:
>
> > Ok, I was wrong, I did not have the message referred to by
> > "References:". This was because I am using NNTP and got only the last
> > 50 or so. Is there a way to retrieve older message headers ?
>
> Only when they are still on the server. But then you would already have them.

No, because in preferences I have set that it should download a maximum of 3000 articles. But some \
servers do not number the articles 1,2,3,... but more like 100, 123, 145, ... not consecutive.

> If it's a known group, try another server with a longer retention time.

As above, I think it's not the problem the server doesn't have them, but that sylpheed has retrieved only \
the last N articles.

Regards,

Micha