List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23635] Re: GPG signed/encrypted messages don't want to
From:       Ulrich Plate <plate () gol ! com>
Date:       2004-11-26 8:28:56

Dennis Carr wrote:

> Using Sylpheed 0.9.99 RPM (I STILL can't get it to compile owing to an
> insane /lib/cpp (?)), GnuPG 1.2.4, and GPGME 1.0.1, also RPMs.

Insanity in /lib/cpp could result from missing kernel headers, but I
don't know which distribution you use, so I really can't tell you much
there. One thing is certain, though, if you've only got gpgme 1.0.1
installed, Sylpheed will be unable to do encryption and signing, it
needs a gpgme < 0.4, if I remember this correctly (0.3.14-r1 is an
explicit dependency in the Gentoo ebuild, for example). Other
applications have conflicting requirements, you should be able to
install it concurrently with >1 if you need that for other purposes.

Cheers
Ulrich Plate