List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23617] this one is certainly a bug (I guess :)
From:       pezcurrel <pezcurrel () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2004-11-24 12:41:06

When I create a new mailbox for a new account (say mailbox xxx, account
xxx), sylpheed automatically creates inbox / sent / drafts / queue /
trash folders for it.
Then i go into xxx account's options, and try to set it to have sent /
drafted / trashed messages automatically put into xxx's mailbox sent /
drafted / trashed folder (again: why can't I do this even for queued
messages?). So in the "tree dialog" for "put sent messages in", I select
"sent" folder under xxx mailbox, and I get "#mh/xxx/sent" in the textbox
under the "tree dialog"; but when I click ok, I get only "sent" in the
textbox for "put sent messages in"... so my sent messages end up in
"sent" folder under the default mailbox/account.
This may be related to the fact that it seems that sylpheed won't write
changes into .sylpheed/folderlist.xml for a newly created mailbox until
I close the program. So, in order to setup an account to put it's sent /
drafted / trashed messages into a newly created sent / drafted / trashed
folder under a newly created mailbox, I have to close and re-open the
program. Other workaround, without closing and re-opening, is to
manually enter, say, "#mh/xxx/sent" into the textbox for "put sent
messages in".
Bye