List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23606] Re: Upgrading from -claws
From:       Mattias =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D6stergren?= <spikboll () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-11-22 20:55:19

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 06:19:11 +0000 Paul <claws@thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Skip,
>
> First thing is that 'upgrade' is a misnomer. Claws is always
> sync'ed with main, so that they're running pretty much head
> to head.
>
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:52:15 -0500
> Skip Huffman <SkipHuffman@SpamCop.net> wrote:
>
> > Does -claws leave around some sort of configuration file?  I think I
> > have a couple of unusual behaviors in my 1.0.0beta system.
>
> Most of the configuration files are shared. Particular settings that
> are in claws but not in main will just take the default value when
> running main. Standard place is ~/.sylpheed, but claws has the configure
> option --with-config-dir=DIR.
>
> > First, my message windows do not have a toolbar.
>
> Normal in main Sylpheed.

My main Sylpheed (1.0.0beta3 and also 0.9.9Gtk2) have a menubar, but no
toolbar, in the message view window that opens if I doubleclick a message
in the folder view. (This is with no separate views). If i hit space or n
or p nothing happens.

> > Second, my message window is never reused (when I hit previous or next
> > a new window always opens)
>
> Normal in main Sylpheed. It is reused if you use '/View/Separate Message
> View', however, it will not have a toolbar.

If I choose "/View/Separate Message View" I get a window without either
menu- or toolbar. Space, p and n works if I click in the message text area
to give it focus. The text area loses focus if a message with an attached
file comes up, and has to be clicked again.

To be honest I started to answer this mail because I misread toolbar as
menubar, but still, I think the behaviour is kind of inconsistent.

> best regards
>
> Paul

/Mattias