List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23520] Re: filtering
From:       Paul <paul () nlpagan ! net>
Date:       2004-10-30 11:30:57

Op Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:16:17 +0200 schreef T'aZ:

>> The ability to colour messages is very useful, but if you have a
>> system where fetchmail/procmail (having done all sorts of spam/virus
>> checks) sorts your mail directly into Sylpheed's folders, Sylpheed is
>> not incorporating messages from the spool but just reading its own
>> local folders. In this case automatic colouring (which is the main
>> advantage of colouring) is not possible. Or have I overlooked
>> something simple?
>
>did you find something new ? , the mailing list seems to be silent
>about that subject :(

I suspect that filtering through Sylpheed annotates specific colouring
information on e-mail in one of the specific .sylpheed files, e.g.
.sylpheed-cache.
Note that setting the colour is one of the options within the filtering
rules that are in Sylpheed.

If a different filter mechanism is used (using procmail myself also),
this information is not created by Sylpheed, so colouring then is out of
the question.
Unless someone can hack up a little utility that updates the appropriate
file to set up the colouring (or even call it from procmail).

Paul

--
Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else.

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running Linux Mandrake. This e-mail is virus free.