List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23517] Re: Sylpheed 1.0.0beta1 released
From:       Roger Lindmark <roger.lindmark () bredband ! net>
Date:       2004-10-29 17:20:50

På Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:13:20 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp> skrev:

> hello,
>
> Sylpheed 1.0.0beta1 has been released.
>
> After this release, basically only bugfixes and cosmetic modification
> will be done until 1.0.0.
>
> 1.0.0 will be expected to be released within this year.
>
> Changes:
>
>     * Icons are added to the alert dialog and filter edit dialog.
>     * Cc is added for the parameter of templates.
>     * The menu of composition window has been reorganized.
>     * Gettext has been upgraded to 0.14.1.
>     * Some minor bugs of filtering have been fixed.

Thanks for a VERY nice release! Much appreciated really.

However, I use the Swedish translation and noted some strange behavior
that started with the earlier version also. After compilation not all
text is translated to Swedish and despite the sv.po file seems correct.
If I make in /po the command: msgfmt sv.po which creates a messages.mo
file. I rename it to sylpheed.mo and copy it to:
/usr/local/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/
After this the translation is perfect. I dont know how to interprete
this or where the problem can be.

Sincerely yours

Roger