List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23504] Signing of Mails in Sylpheed
From:       Karsten Rothemund <karsten.rothemund () uni-rostock ! de>
Date:       2004-10-25 17:07:46

Hello,

I am new to Sylpheed coming from Thunderbird, which is not a bad mail
program but it take its time to compile[1]. Sylpheed is much smaller.

But I have a problem: if I sign my messages I get "Can't queue the
message" after Sylpheed asked for the passphrase and I stay in the
editor. It is possible to send it if I don't want to sign it.

The gpg is working in principle, because if I want to read an encrypted
message, Sylpheed asks for the passphrase and displays the decrypted
mail. Here I use sylpheed version 0.9.12-gtk2-20040918 on FreeBSD 4.10
(but the Gentoo-version shows the same behaviour).

Question is: what's wrong here? Why can't I sign my the mails? It seem's
to be a config problem, but where to find the relevant settings? Or is
it a permission-thing, but permissions of what?

Thanks for any hint and greetings from the Baltic Sea,

[1] I'm using FreeBSD and Gentoo-Linux.

--
Karsten Rothemund

GnuPG-Key-ID: 8B67404C  (Please use it)
GnuPG-Key Fingerprint: AD34 7314 EE3A 7B9F E7A2  23F6 E35D 76D6 8B67
404C