List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23487] Re: Base64 encoding of text attachment
From:       Nicolas Degory <lasry () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-10-16 11:54:20

Le Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:24:33 +0200 Stefaan A Eeckels <Stefaan.Eeckels@ecc.lu> a écrit :

> Another complexifying factor is that one has to be
> careful with message/rfc822 attachments, i.e. the non-text
> bodyparts of those attachments should not be canonicalised,
> and as far as I understand the RFCs, neither should the header,
> but explicit and implicit text bodyparts should be canonicalised.

A rfc822 message is systematically US-ASCII (via B64 or QP encoding). If the headers are not \
canonicalized, MTAs should canonicalize them (at least posfix does).

Here's a 2 in 1 patch to current CVS of sylpheed:
http://nicolas.degory.free.fr/soft/patch/sylpheed-text-attachment.diff.gz

It contains fixes to B64 encoding of text, and switch the default encoding from B64 to QP for text files, \
since even fixed, other MUAs still behave incorrectly.

--
Nicolas