List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23481] Re: Title changes when new mail arrived
From:       jerry () fourwinds ! cx
Date:       2004-10-12 10:32:05

On 12 October 2004 at 14:10, Franklin <franklin@goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 06:50:02 +0100
> Paul <claws@thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Franklin,
>>
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:24:28 +0800
>> Franklin <franklin@goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:

[ ... mail notification for sylpheed deleted ... ]

>> <http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/>
>>
>> Maybe it could be useful for you.
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Paul
>

> Thanks, I just tried the first time, but it seems need GTK 2.4.0+ and/or
> GNOME 2.6.0, while I'm using mandrake 9.2 (with gtk+2.0-2.2.4) and KDE.

As a KDE user, I use 'kbiff' and have it docked in the tray next to the
sound.  Works like a champ letting me know when new mail has arrived.

<http://www.granroth.org/kbiff/>

> Thanks a lot for your help.
>

> Best Regards,
> Franklin

jerry
       //  Jerry Heyman      | "Software is the difference between
      //   Amiga Forever :-) |  hardware and reality"
  \\ //    heymanj@acm.org   | http://www.cs.stedwards.edu/~heyman
   \X/