List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23353] Partially load NNTP messages?
From:       "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee.sylpheed () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-08-27 18:59:29

Hi,

out of curiosity: Would it be possible to partially download individual
messages from a news server? For example, only download 10 kb of each
message. Does the NNTP protocol allow that?

That would come in handy when reading news groups with lots of binary
inlines and attachments. One could read the text but would not have to
care about the attachments, if they are of no interest.

Felix

PS: To contact me off list don't reply but send mail to "felix.klee" at
the domain "inka.de". Otherwise your email to me might get automatically
deleted!