List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23334] Re: Sylpheed on Debian Sarge
Date:       2004-08-10 8:00:00

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:34:47 +0200
Paul <paul@nlpagan.net> wrote:

> Op Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:55:57 +0100 schreef Paul:
>
> >> Probably a Debian package problem: Sylpheed not compiled against
> >Imlib> or other compatible graphics display library.
> >
> >Can't be that: <http://packages.debian.org/testing/mail/sylpheed>,
> >libgdk-pixbuf2 is a dependency.
>
> Very strange... Then I wouldn't know what causes that strange
> behaviour...

It was my first Debian workstation install. It came with 3GB of
software, way too much IMHO ;-) I resolved it the windows way: I
reinstalled it. But this time I only installed the base-packages,
like for a server. Then I installed "x-server-system" and WindowMaker. I
exported LANG-en_US.UTF-8 in /etc/profile and adjusted the GTK Sylpheed
font by a.gtkrc.mine file.

Now everything works fine, including the images in an attachment. It
looks great and I have a quit clean install (700MB) with everything I
normally use.

Richard.

--

No sig yet.