List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23260] Re: seg fault on compile of 0.9.12
From:       Alfons Hoogervorst <alfons () proteus ! demon ! nl>
Date:       2004-07-17 20:28:03

Lo Dennis,

On 15-07-04 (Thu) 21:50 -0700 Dennis Carr wrote:

| Whilst compiling 0.9.12 on my system, I got the following:
|
| In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:270,
|                  from /usr/include/netdb.h:28,
|                  from socket.h:28,
|                  from session.h:33,
|                  from folder.h:113,
|                  from prefs_account.h:31,
|                  from account.h:26,
|                  from prefs.h:36,
|                  from prefs_display_header.c:35:
| /usr/include/bits/byteswap.h:-47842: internal error: Segmentation
| fault
|
| Running Mandrake 9.1 with latest 2.4 kernel.  Any thoughts here?

Bugs in compiler; problem with hardware. Try an older version first (gcc
2.95.3) - if that also gives a related bug, check your on-board memory
with http://www.memtest86.com/.

(You can mostly switch to another compiler by setting the CC environment
variable before running configure. So if you have installed an older
compiler, and its name is gcc-2.95.3, located in /usr/bin, try:

% export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-2.95.3
% configure
).

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos