List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23229] Start-up time of sylpheed 0.9.12?
From:       David Feldman <wb0gaz () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-07-12 0:34:51

Hello, I am new to this list.

I found sylpheed (0.9.12) in my search for a lightweight e-mail client to use on Redhat 9 linux system. I \
am very happy with sylpheed in my testing so far...

My system is very minimal resource, HP Omnibook 800CT/133. It is Pentium 1, 133 MHz CPU speed, 80 MB RAM, \
and "flash drive" rather than conventional rotating storage media. I use it as a PDA.

Anyway, I am curious about start-up time. When I issue "sylpheed" command, the display window (outline) \
opens very quickly, however, it takes ~10 seconds for contents of window (text, pull-down menus, field \
labels, etc.) to appear. From this point, operation appears normal. All other activity (opening e-mail, \
sending e-mail, manipulating configuration dialog boxes, etc.) happens very quickly. It is only initial \
start-up time which is unexpected.

Can you tell me if this is normal start-up time on slow CPU device?

It is otherwise a very fine program, however, I wish to understand if I have made error in configurtion.

Thank you,

Dave
wb0gaz@hotmail.com