List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23227] Re: Interesting outlooks
From:       Godwin Stewart <gstewart () bonivet ! net>
Date:       2004-07-10 9:38:27

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:32:03 +0200, Ulrich Plate <plate@gol.com> wrote:

> I'll try to check with the sender what on earth he's done to his local
> config.

That could be the answer, yes.

> Interesting. Since Sylpheed doubles as a news client, one would assume
> that it tries to uudecode stuff when it sees a clause indicating an
> inline attachment. I've never used Sylpheed as a newsgroup reader,
> though, I don't know what it does or doesn't do.

As a mail client, Sylpheed can't be beat IMO.

As a news client, it sucks. No uudecode (except by using actions), last time
I looked there wasn't a killfile facility, nor is there a way to get it to
expire messages older than n days, and with my news server having really
good retention, I'd have upwards of 100K messages in some newsgroups.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@bonivet.net -- gstewart@spamcop.net
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.7-em8300)