List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23154] Re: language
From:       Jérémy JUST <just () inapg ! inra ! fr>
Date:       2004-06-14 9:18:39

    Hello,

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:50:18 +0200
Patrice Regnier <regnier@genethon.fr> wrote:

> I would like to have my menus in english (win32 install), they are in
> french.

  Under Unix, Sylpheed uses environmental variables LANG and LC_MESSAGES
to choose the language.
  You should look for the equivalent parameters under Win32. But I guess
you're whole system is in French (Évry is a French-speaking country,
after all), and it may be difficult to change a system-wide
configuration for a single application.

> Can't find the way to do it...

  If you can't change the above variables easily under Windows, try to
modify the translation file (search the French « sylpheed.mo » and
rename it to « sylpheed.mo.old », or copy the English translations in
place of the French ones).

--
Jérémy JUST  <just@inapg.inra.fr>