List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22875] Re: sylpheed-gtk2 ?
From:       Norm Reitzel <NormReitzel () swbell ! net>
Date:       2004-05-15 14:37:45

On Fri, 14 May 2004 18:03:45 -0500

> On Fri, 14 May 2004 21:25:08 +0200 Ulrich Plate <plate@gol.com>
> wrote:
> > Ulrich Plate wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Something else that bothers me enormously is probably not the
> > gtk+2
> > version's fault, but it's still rather annoying: any string of
> > text in a
> > message that I mark with the mouse or Shift+arrows, or filenames
> > that
> > are being automatically highlighted when the "Save file" dialogue
> > pops
> > up, in essence everything that's being highlighted one way or the
> > other
> > invariably becomes white letters on white background - somewhat
> > challenging to read... Don't know where to look for the cause of
> > this,
> > is it some obscure font issue in XFree86, or one of my WMs/DEs?
> > The
> > latter seems unlikely, since it happens regardless whether I start
> > Sylpheed in KDE, Gnome, Ion or whatnot.
>
> It's got to be your theme, because when I select text, it changes
> from black-on-white to white-on-dark blue.  I'm using the xfce
> theme in xfce4 4.0.5.

It's not the gtk2 version fault.  I sometimes see the inverse behavior in sylpheed 0.9.10 (gtk1), when \
for some unknown reason a message body renders in white on white text, which then changes to white on \
dark blue when selected.

 -- Norm Reitzel
    Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent.